1) Personal Attacks - We discuss some controversial topics from time to time and tempers sometimes get the better of people. When you feel your temper rising, take some time off and do something else before you post. It is easy to post something in haste that is poorly stated and emotion driven. Instead, take time to think rationally then state your case as simply and direct as possible. That will go a lot further in proving your point than name calling and emotional tirades. Abrasive, aggressive and caustic posts will be removed.
2) Language & Content - We strive to make our site appeal to the broadest range of people possible. This includes all age groups, nationalities, religions, genders, etc. Things you may not consider offensive may be viewed as offensive to others. We are not trying to neuter the discussion, but please use common sense when posting. Those posts that are not deemed as acceptable will be removed. A good rule of thumb is, if you wouldn’t say it at church then don’t post it here.
3) Fraudulent or Illegal Behavior - This forum includes a ‘marketplace’ where members can buy, sell, or trade. BREN-TEN.com takes no responsibility for any private transactions made via the forum. Remember, caveat emptor! However, if obviously fraudulent transactions are committed BREN-TEN.com will forward any and all information available to the proper authorities. This also goes for any posts that reference illegal activity. We take all firearm laws seriously and anyone posting information or requests about the illegal transfer, manufacture, or modification of firearms will be reported.
Although the administrators and moderators of the BREN-TEN.com Forum intend to ‘run a tight ship,’ it is impossible for us to review all messages. All posts express the views of the author, and the owners of BREN-TEN.com will not be held responsible for the content of any message.
The use of the forum marketplace includes some additional rules members need to be aware of before using it.
1) Access to the marketplace is restricted to members with more than 25 posts. This is a necessary restriction to prevent spammers and people who just wish to hawk their wares without being true members of the site from gaining access.
2) Disparaging comments about another member’s sale items or prices is not allowed.
3) All business transactions are between the individual parties. BREN-TEN.COM has no involvement or responsibility in this process.
4) If you are unsatisfied with a transaction you are encouraged to first contact the other party. Should you feel the need to post a warning feel free to use the buyer/seller feedback section, but ensure all information is factual and can be proven! Do not reveal any private contact information such as name, address, email address or phone number.
The staff of the BREN-TEN.com Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason with or without notifying the membership. While we strive to maintain a minimal footprint, the staff cannot openly debate every edit as there simply is not time to do so and maintain the forum.
By joining the forum, you acknowledge that you have read and intend to comply with the rules. You also acknowledge that failure to do so can and will result in your removal from the forum if deemed necessary by the staff.